PUPIL PREMIUM GRANT
The Pupil Premium is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) in both mainstream and non-mainstream settings, and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. Funding is also allocated to children in Service families and for children who are looked after.
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However, we will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. We are required to publish online information about how we have used the Pupil Premium. This will ensure that parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium and the extra support that they receive.
Are You Eligible For Pupil Premium Funding?
Is your child missing out on extra help with funding for trips, residential visits, extra equipment, after school clubs and tuition?
Even though all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 now receive a free school meal, in order for your child to benefit from extra help with funding, equipment and extra support, you MUST still register for free school meals. Even if your child has a packed lunch they can still benefit from this extra funding! Parents of children in Key Stage 2 should also apply.
- ARE YOU CLAIMING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS?
- INCOME SUPPORT.
- INCOME BASED JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE (JSA).
- AN INCOME-RELATED EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE (ESA).
- SUPPORT UNDER PART v1 OF THE IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM ACT 1999.
- THE GUARANTEE ELEMENT OF STATE PENSION CREDIT.
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT.
- BOTH INCOME-BASED AND CONTRIBUTION-BASED JSA/ESA IF YOU RECEIVE THE SAME AMOUNT FOR BOTH. YOU SHOULD ALSO QUALIFY IF YOU RECEIVE BOTH BUT THE INCOME-BASED AMOUNT IS GREATER, BUT NOT IF THE CONTRIBUTION-BASED AMOUNT IS GREATER.
- FAMILIES WHO ARE AWARDED CHILD TAX CREDIT AND HAVE AN ANNUAL INCOME, AS ASSESSED BY HMRC, NOT IN EXCESS OF £16,190 ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS PROVIDING THERE IS NO ENTITLEMENT TO WORKING TAX CREDIT (UNLESS IN RESPECT OF A 4-WEEK ‘RUN ON’.)
If so, your child could benefit from an extra £1345 worth of extra help and support through the Pupil Premium funding. In previous years, the Pupil Premium funding has allowed children in school to receive additional support through: -
- Reading, Writing and Maths additional support.
- Spelling support and Nessy Phonics support.
- Speech and Language support.
- Play Therapy.
- Resources to take home to support Reading and Maths.
- Reading books.
- Bespoke computer hardware and software.
Any new successful applications for Free School Meals will receive a one-off payment of £100 per child of school credit, which can be spent specifically on paying for uniform, school trips, Year 5 residential, after school clubs and school swimming.
If you’d like to find out more about free school meals please visit the Warwickshire County Council website. Alternatively, please come into school and either Miss Brogan, Mrs. Faulkner, Mr. Roberts or I would be pleased to help you with your application.